Monday, June 2, 2014

Blueberry Cobbler

I love all berries- strawberries, blueberries, raspberries!  I had a bit of a sweet tooth over the weekend and decided to make a blueberry cobbler and topped it with vanilla bean ice cream.  YUM!


Blueberry Cobbler
Preheat oven to 375 degrees

3-4 cups of fresh blueberries- I just used a big box of blueberries and did not measure.
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp lemon juice

Mix well and place in greased 2 qt casserole dish

Mix together:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup oats
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Mix until crumbly and add 3 Tbsp softened butter or margarine.  Mix well and then use as topping- cover all blueberries.
Bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until topping is golden brown.

It wasn't enough topping for me- I will add more oats next time.  We served the cobbler with vanilla bean ice cream.. yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment