Saturday, February 8, 2014
Sweet Potato Burritos
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
6 cups canned kidney beans, drained
3 Tbsp chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
4 tsp prepared mustard
1 pinch cayenne pepper
3 Tbsp soy sauce
4 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
12 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
8 oz shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
Note- I like lots of flavor in my burritos, so I add more chili powder and cumin in the recipe.
1. Bake sweet potatoes in the oven at 350 degrees for atleast an hour. Once baked and cooled a little, remove skin and place in a bowl- you will need 4 cups of sweet potatoes for this recipe
2. Combine onion, garlic, beans, mashed sweet potatoes, chili powder, cumin, mustard, cayenne pepper, and soy sauce.
3. Tear 12 pieces of parchment paper
4. Divide mixture evenly between 12 tortillas. Top with cheese. Fold up tortilla burrito style and wrap up in parchment paper.
5. Place wrapped burritos in a gallon zip lock back and freeze.
6. When ready to eat, take a burrito out of the freezer and cook in the microwave for 3-5 minutes or until warm all the way through.
These are great to have on hand for lunch or an easy dinner. I love sweet potatoes and these have so much flavor! I like to use green beans as a side dish.
About 8 WW points- depends on what tortillas you use
Recipe found on Pinterest